The Index Building in Dubai Creek Harbour With 80 floors
Building Detail :
- Mixed-use building
- 80 floors
- The Index a 80-storey mixed-use building in Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai.
- Winner of the CTBUH award for ‘Best Tall Building Middle East & Africa 2011.
- The characteristic long and narrow floor plan design is a result of the need for a column-free flexible office space whilst maximising natural light throughout.
- In order to achieve an open office space the structural cores had to be pushed to the edges of the building and a solid A-frame shape was devised to help dissipate any wind or seismic forces. The weight of the upper residential section is spread across a huge steel beam that transfers the load to the lower A-frame cores.
- The architectural design was partly inspired by the John Hancock Centre in Chicago.
- The lower outside space is surrounded by a 200-metre-long pool and benefits from its own microclimate created by a shaded atrium which is naturally cooled by the downdraft of the building facade.
- The east to west orientation shields the office spaces from intense sunlight in the morning and evening and the south face of the tower features shading elements which help to keep the building cool.
- The building is crowned with 12 luxury duplex and triplex penthouses with private swimming pools.
- The original master plan had specified two separate residential and commercial towers which were later consolidated into a single mixed use tower with offices on the lower 25 floors and residential apartments and penthouses above.
- A sky lobby with restaurants, shops, a gym and a swimming pool divides the upper and lower sections.
Index has many schools nearby including Citizens School at 1.2 km and Jumeira Baccalaureate School at 2.3 km.
In terms of performance, there are seven schools in the area that have achieved either the two highest government inspection ratings of. ‘Very Good’ or ‘Outstanding’, including Horizon English. School Dubai, which rated ‘Outstanding’, and Jumeirah English Speaking School, which has . “Excellent” rating.
JSS Private School LLC
JSS Private School or Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeshwara Private School was first opened in 2011 and is located in Al Wasl. The school is part of the JSSMVP group, which is an Indian charitable foundation running several schools in India and abroad. JSS Private School offers Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) from KG1 to Class 12.
Currently, the school has almost 2,000 students along with 143 teachers, 10 teaching assistants and five guidance counselors. The teacher to student ratio is 1:14, which ensures that each student receives adequate personal attention. The school rated as “Very Good” by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). It offers a good balance of academic, artistic and sporting opportunities for the holistic development of each student. It has a sister school called JSS International School in Jumeirah Village Circle.
The school offers a satisfactory range of facilities that ensure a balance between academic and non-academic activities. Students at JSS Private School feel safe and secure in a vibrant, community-style campus environment.
Japanese School Dubai
The Japanese school rated good in the 2018-19 inspection process for the eleventh consecutive year (KHDA inspections began). You can find a shortened version of the inspection report under the Inspection report tab. An update to this review will completed the full reports published.
The Japanese School in Dubai established to meet the needs of Japanese expatriate families their stay in the UAE and very focused on providing a traditional curriculum and cultural environment for its students. It states that the mission of the school is:
“to provide our Japanese students residing in Dubai and the northern regions of the UAE with the highest standard of academic excellence to help them become contributing members of a multi-ethnic, multicultural and pluralistic society. To enable students to adapt to the Japanese education system upon their return.” to Japan.
Our foundation, we have committed to fostering an environment that fosters mutual respect among members of our educational community, which includes students, teachers, parents, and administrators. As a final aspect of development, we aim to have a balanced growth of knowledge, virtue and health and in the process provide a conducive and enriching learning environment.”
Jumeira Baccalaureate School
The JBS campus is located in Jumeirah 1, in the heart of Dubai. The school sits on approximately 33,000 square meters of land and features outstanding learning, sporting and performing arts facilities, including:
At JBS we have 2 full-time nurses who are located on the campus. The clinic hosts a variety of top medical equipment with regular visits from the school doctor who conducts health checks throughout the year to ensure the health and well-being of our students tended to on a daily basis.
Jumeira Baccalaureate School (JBS) is part of Taaleem, the United Arab Emirates’ second largest school provider for early years, primary and secondary schools founded in 2004.
Taaleem committed to:
Equipping children in the region holistically with the skills, knowledge and character to compete globally
Offering a comprehensive range of outstanding international curricula
Designing, building and managing the best educational facilities
Creating and implementing benchmark educational initiatives
Nurturing educational excellence through the attraction, retention and development of the best educators
Continuously evaluating and improving standards across our schools
Establishing our schools as valued cornerstones of their communities
Taaleem schools offer a variety of international curricula including The National Curriculum for England, the American Curriculum, the International Baccalaureate and our custom-made, multi-lingual Early Years Programme. Taaleem partially owned by the Government of Dubai and overseen by Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Rosamund Marshall.
Explore communities that are adjacent or close to The Index.
Sheikh Zayed Road (1.0 km)
La Mer by Meraas (3.2 km)
Al Kifaf (3.4 km)
TRANSPORT & ACCESS
From The Index it takes roughly 5 minutes to drive to. Dubai Mall, 19 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 17 minutes to Burj Al Arab and. 23 minutes to The Walk JBR.*
Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 15 minutes’ drive and the new. Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 45 minutes’ drive.*
Visit link to view properties : https://propertyfindersdubai.com/apartment-for-sale-dubai/the-gate-building-in-dubai-creek-harbour
Visit Business finder to buy : www.businessfinder.me